Raia Empreendedora pretende funcionar como um espaço de encontro e de troca de informação (eventos, projetos ou iniciativas) entre os seus membros, ideias de negócio e cooperação entre investidores e criadores.
Ajudamos a criar, ideias de negócios, empresas, projetos.
Procura-se CEO para a Associação Transumância e Natureza
Executive Director of the regional NGO Associação Transumância e Natureza (ATN)
is a leading regional NGO working on sustainable nature conservation in
the Côa region. The organisation owns and manages the Faia Brava nature
reserve (800 ha’s) and deploys a variety of projects on nature
conservation and rural development. The Reserve harbours several
endangered bird species, and functions as a biodiversity spot in the
region. New nature conservation approaches, such as wilderness are
developed to make management sustainable in the long term. Management of
the park mainly depends on private sources of income such as
sponsoring, ecotourism, and regional products.
main challenges for the near future consist of developing sustainable
sources of income, strengthen relationships with national and
international institutions and private investors, and
professionalization of the organisation.
The executive director will be responsible for the operational management of the organization and its possessions.
Functions and Accountabilities
1. Board Administration and Support — the director supports operations and
administration of Board by advising and informing Board members,
interfacing between Board and staff.
Fundraising — Fundraising planning and implementation, including
identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources,
establishing strategies to approach
funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
Business development — Development of sustainable business models for
ATN — Develops a strategy and activities that increase ATN’s economic
sustainability such as: ecotourism, selling of products, agreements with
Project development — Development of nature conservation, rural
development, monitoring of research programs and projects within the
mission of ATN, together with ATN staff members.
Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management – Organisation of
financial management together with ATN employees. Recommends yearly
budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources
in an efficient way.
6. Human Resource Management. – Develops and manages a balanced HRM policy. (insert ".")
- He/she brings experience and knowledge on financial and HRM management. (insert paragraph)
- He/she knows how to relate and deal with governmental agencies, international institutions and companies.
- He/she has the ambition to develop sufficient funding to cover ATN’s organisational costs within three years.
7. Community and Public Relations. — Assures the organization and its
mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in
image to relevant stakeholders. Builds and maintains good relationships
with companies, local, regional and national governmental agencies,
national and international NGO’s.
8. Strategic Management. — Develops, monitors and updates, together with the team and in conjunction with the board, the strategy of ATN.
-Personality: we are looking for an energetic, positive and stimulating person who can bind together people and organizations.
-Education: academic degree and at least 10 years of working experience.
-He/she has sufficient knowledge and affinity with nature conservation to inspire people and develop creative solutions.
-He/she brings experience and knowledge on financial and HRM management, He/she knows how to relate and deal with governmental agencies, international institutions and companies.
-He/she has the ambition o develop sufficient funding to cover ATN’s organisational costs within three years.
- Full-time position, but a part-time position is also an option.
- Salary indication : 1500 - 2000 /month (full-time), depending on experience and qualities.
- Working place: Figueira de Castelo Rodrigo, district of Guarda.
sent your application by letter or mail to the President of the Board
of ATN - before April 25 - 2012. We schedule the interviews on 2,3 and 4th of May 2012.